February is registration month for the 2020-2021 school year. Priority placement is given to those who apply by the deadline of Thursday, February 27th for:
- Students who would like to enroll in one of our Programs of Choice (some programs have earlier application deadlines, please check the District’s website: www.burnabyschools.ca)
- Students who would like to enroll in one of our Language Programs: French Immersion and Mandarin Language Arts
- Students who are starting Kindergarten next September
- Students who will be new to the District or are living outside of Burnaby
- Students who would like to attend another school other than their home school (cross-district transfer)
LEARN MORE about the registration and application process. Submissions are made at the school. Please note that schools will be closed on February 28th while staff attend Professional Development.
Please visit our district website for information about weather-related policies around school closures.
Please note: when schools are closed for instruction all childcare centres and preschools are required to close as well.
Additional information is available on the Burnaby School District’s website: http://www.burnabyschools.ca
You are invited to attend any of the following information sessions about elementary language program offerings and secondary options. Please note rescheduled dates due to inclement weather. More information found on district site.
Apply by Thursday, February 27 for elementary and secondary Programs of Choice, and cross-district transfers. Cross-district transfer applications are required if a student is planning to attend a school other than their home school. For forms and to learn more about registration.
Each of our eight secondary schools offer programs that give students the opportunity to excel in a specific area of interest, while fulfilling academic requirements. Learning options include Programs of Choice in technology, sports, trades, career training and educational enrichment, such as French Immersion, Advanced Placement courses and AP Capstone.
From January 20-24th, we are celebrating LITERACY WEEK. Your child can find a great book to read and swap out an old book they have. More information here.